Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Stripped.
Have you ever seen a sun dog or moon dog? Its a curved reflection that frames the sun or moon in the clouds... So they look like a disk inside a lighted circle. They are beautiful, somewhat rare, and said to be lucky. I saw one as I traveled to work yesterday. It framed the rising sun in hues golden and orange. I thought to myself, 'today will be a beautiful day'. It was. I found out a dear friend was back in town, came to grips with where I need to be in life, set some priorities straight.
Then last night as we lay sleeping soundly in our beds... Some derelict was lighting matches in my new car, dropping their burnt remains on the floorboards. They took my purse, which of course contained my livelihood, well, to a point.
Stripped and standing nude in front of thousands of pointing, laughing bullies as they torture other similar people in the same situation... That's how it feels to find that your identity walked away under someone else's arm. They have my driver's license, social security card, debit card, check book, two gift cards, some cash and pictures of my children. It makes me sick. This thief knows what we look like, where we live, has my parent's address, our phone numbers, my social. Ugh. It really makes me sick.
Predators. I have an issue with people that make their way in life stealing from others that struggle aswell. They couldn't have been too bad off... They tried to use my card nearly forty miles away! At three thirty in the morning no less... So, they had transportation. Bastards. Least they left me my favorite lipshit. I don't know what I would do with out that.

Not only did they get away with my all, they managed to cost me a day's pay aswell! I missed work so that I might run around picking up the pieces. Went to the police and made a report, went to the bank and waited an hour for them to open so I could cancel my old account, then off to be relicensed and order a new ss card. This is the first time anything has ever been stolen from me. I'm embarrassed to say it could have been somewhat prevented. I wonder if the sound I heard at midnight was the perpetrator.... I wonder what would have happened should I have gone outdoors and caught them in the act. I wonder a lot of pointless things.
I learned a few valuable lessons from this experience. One: don't park on the street. Two: Lock your DAMN doors. Three: trust your instincts. Four: cards, checks, driver's licenses, ss cards... All of it is replaceable, and you CAN protect yourself if they are stolen. FIVE: last but not least in the slightest... Any given situation in this life is not permanent, your character is defined by the way in which you react to things, to pick up and move on with the knowledge that tomorrow is a new day shows good character.
posted by katmandusuekookachoo @ 9:39 PM  
 
 
About Me


Name: katmandusuekookachoo
Home: Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
About Me: The rules you live by and those you ignore will establish your character. You may find yourself at a loss for words, but you should never find yourself at a loss of values.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1