Monday, February 13, 2006
My first day...
So my new job started today. It was good. Learned nothing. Its a typical company with typical concerns regarding typical things that pertain to a certain populace. It was enjoyable because the other trainee in orientation was a peruvian man that had travelled and lived all over the world. He has five plus languages under his belt (meaning he can speak and write fluently in five different dialects). I found him breathtakingly unique.. in that he was humble despite his experiences in this life. He was full of awe inspiring stories from every corner of the globe. If anything the man ensured my lust for culture beyond this dusty sage filled valley of rock and salt water. Not that Utah is lacking in culture... obviously there is plenty to be found and indulged in here, my lust is more concentrated on places that I am required to learn to twist and manipulate my throat and tongue around a plethora of new sounds in order to use the shitter. I find just the thought of such an adventure a bit enthralling spinning my heart, mind, and soul into a flurry of desire so peaked I'm damn near feverish. Yeah. During the continual drone of the safety video projected on the wall, my newfound world travelling friend and I huddled talking about the beautiful wares to be found from Israel to the Netherlands. He nourished my curiosity with his descriptive nature and tinkering accent. He gave to me much more than I could have hoped for from a day of New Kid Orientation at a home health agency. Sometimes I think that certain situations are afforded me because I need them, because my soul needs to be nourished and refreshed every few moments. Otherwise, I think I might dry up, completely dissolve for all the monotony and routine experienced in day to day life. How do I keep coming across these beautiful people, these thrilling testimonials... I can't wait until I own both descriptions, and I am the one describing the beauty of the world to someone as interested as I was.
posted by katmandusuekookachoo @ 10:40 PM  
 
 
About Me


Name: katmandusuekookachoo
Home: Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
About Me: The rules you live by and those you ignore will establish your character. You may find yourself at a loss for words, but you should never find yourself at a loss of values.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1