Sunday, February 12, 2006
Meh, just another Sunday...
There is nothing quite like waking up with a throat made of sandpaper, head in a vice, and chest full of fire. I reach for my cell phone and find that its three in the afternoon. I have somehow slept the day away.. and my sons have let me do it. I flip it open, intending to call my sister to thank her for my Valentine's gift she thoughtfully had delivered to my front door... she lives in Nebraska, so I imagine it was quite the feat. My phone is disconnected. I hate being poor, but am too lazy and irresponsible to do anything about it. I crawl from my bed, use the toilet, and to the kitchen. I'm moving in slow motion, because I fear anything sudden might break me. I cooked beef noodle soup and set it to simmer so the boys can serve themselves from the pot whenever they choose. I wash dishes, do some laundry, eat some soup. . .
We watched the Olympics for awhile.. watched the flying tomato take the gold medal in halfpipe snow boarding. I like him because he is genuine. He has a big happy smile.. he's forever youthful and completely unpretentious. I love that he has longish unkempt wavy red hair.. and that he is full of character. I like that he isn't exactly comfortable on camera, but doesnt really shy away either. What a cool kid. My son really digs him, enough to draw pictures of him boarding the halfpipe.. what a great role model.
I read for a while afterward.. the boys wanted some nintendo time. My brain feels numb.. I dont think I retained any of the story line of the book that I was reading. I checked my email, played a bit on myspace.. answered a few of my friends letters and now here I sit. The boys have showered, jammied up and are softly snoring in their beds. I should follow their lead. After having slept all day, I can't believe that suddenly I'm tired enough to do it again.
I start my new job in the morning. I'm pretty excited. I will be working with the elderly, mostly those with Alzheimer's and dimentia, in their own homes. I am really happy for the experience because it affords me so much satisfaction, so many blessings. I really am thrilled, just not incredibly stoked to get up in the morning. Like I said before, I'm inherently lazy... least I can admit it.
G'night.
posted by katmandusuekookachoo @ 10:13 PM  
 
 
About Me


Name: katmandusuekookachoo
Home: Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
About Me: The rules you live by and those you ignore will establish your character. You may find yourself at a loss for words, but you should never find yourself at a loss of values.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1