Friday, June 13, 2008
I love Friday the 13th
Today I decided to initiate the power of me. I put in for another promotion at work, found living arrangements, and called that oh-so-delectable man of interest and invited him to do 'something'. The tornado that has been my life for the past week has finally lifted.

The problems are still there, but they are dwindling in size as I chip away at solutions. I discovered that I am okay being alone, and that I can function fully well unabated by the direction of a significant other. These are good points, because I havent always been so sure.

I have a plan. A good plan. I am going to stick with it. I make goals on a daily basis, and each time something is achieved, I give myself a little mental high five.

I spoke with John's son today. Apparently he hadn't heard that his father has left me. I offered him words of comfort, as he is going through a pretty trying season in his life as well. I told him that if there were anything I could do to ease his situation (beyond finances) that I would be glad to do so.

The long and short of it is, I finally feel a sense of freedom that I haven't before. I am able to look myself in the mirror and see a beautiful young woman, rather than a scared and shaking child. I attribute that to being able to accomplish that which I set out to do, support from my friends and family, and good old fashioned decisions.

Yay me!
posted by katmandusuekookachoo @ 3:12 PM  
 
 
About Me


Name: katmandusuekookachoo
Home: Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
About Me: The rules you live by and those you ignore will establish your character. You may find yourself at a loss for words, but you should never find yourself at a loss of values.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1