Saturday, June 07, 2008
Dear John
I go to the diner where we used to eat- sit in the booth completely alone, Ever had that?

People are all around- talking, clanging silverware against plates, banging the cash register door closed- it is a roar in my ears.

I tried to read the paper.
Let the words flood my brain-
trying to squelch the impeding silence.

I am so aware of my lonliness.
I wonder if I wear it on my face.

There's a blue levi jacket hanging on the coat rack.
I wonder if it is yours.
Then I imagine it is-
I pretend your in the bathroom or playing pool.

A man walks in, catches my eye.
I look away.
I am uncomfortable.

I remember you are gone & you aren't coming back...
it makes it impossible to breathe.

Suddenly the roar of people around me is too much.
Yet I know, at home, the silence would kill me.

I am a stranger in my own skin.

A visitor in this town.

I belong to no-one and no-one belongs to me.

I have been orphaned.. an ugly duckling left to my own devices.

I see you everywhere I go.

I hear you whisper my name, feel your breath tickle my ear.

I am rudely awakened every day.. by the emptiness of my bed.. the hole you left in my chest.

I want to believe your demons drove you to this.

I want to believe you abandoned me out of love, because you thought I would be better off.

The phone rings- I jump a mile- even if it isn't my own.

As I pray myself to sleep each night, I listen for your footfalls, listen for your heavy breathing, wait for your arms to wind around me.

It's a rude reality.

I know you want me to hate you for this.. I simply can't.
posted by katmandusuekookachoo @ 3:58 PM  
 
 
About Me


Name: katmandusuekookachoo
Home: Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
About Me: The rules you live by and those you ignore will establish your character. You may find yourself at a loss for words, but you should never find yourself at a loss of values.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1