Thursday, January 15, 2009
Spectacular
I started the third semester in school. We are learning Cranial Sacral Therapy, Movement; Repatterning, Anatomy, and Sports Massage. This semester is much more aggressive, for sure. I am enjoying it, though.

So far, I have learned that Cranial Sacral is considered an energy modality with western values and concepts. I have felt the cranial rythm in my client, and learned how release their abdomen for better respiration and over all health. In Movement, I have learned that the body naturally crumbles, or folds with gravity.. that therapists must battle gravity by re-patterning techniques. We have learned several different excersizes to re-teach proprioreceptors to acknowledge the correct stance for a properly stacked body. Its really cool. Anatomy... we started with the nerves and worked our way to the brain. My favorite subject. I love learning about the brain, about its functions, about the communication through nerves to the rest of the body. Its fascinating. Sports massage is not my favorite in a lot of ways, but love it none the less. Its a lot of loud music, people jumping around and cheering, and the application of a lot of deep, strong, heavy tapotement, pettrissage, and stretching. The therapist gets as much out of it as the client half the time.

I think the best decision I made for my future in relationship to this goal was to change position and location for the company I work for. I really like my hours. It gives me enough time to come home and feed my little men, make sure their homework is done, study a bit, then off to school.

I like my office.

I love that I interact with every single person that walks through the front door. I enjoy speaking to the many different people I speak to on a daily basis. I am learning something new every day. The team I work with is phenomenal. They are each so individually brilliant.

Yep, feeling pretty damned spectacular about life. :)
posted by katmandusuekookachoo @ 12:01 AM  
 
 
About Me


Name: katmandusuekookachoo
Home: Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
About Me: The rules you live by and those you ignore will establish your character. You may find yourself at a loss for words, but you should never find yourself at a loss of values.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1