Saturday, September 01, 2007
So Tired.


It hangs heavy over the mountain tops, huge, golden predictable.

It makes a slow ascent, only a half disc tonight, like a button partially pulled through the silk of the navy nights sky.


A spark of the lighter, crickets chirping so loud one can't collect her thoughts.

I should be sad.

I should be angry.

I should be broken.

I am disjointed, torn, tattered.

How does one pull the pieces together? Where does one find the nails, bolts, plaster, cloth, thread to patch the damage that has been done?

I am flat.

Steadily the golden hue becomes clean, white, bright as an angels wings.

It is oblivious to laughter, to pain, to the beating of a billion hearts.

It feels no fear, has never experienced rejection, does not know sorrow.

Sometimes I would like to pull the button through.

Sometimes I want to fix the incompleteness of its closure.

Sometimes I want to be nestled in the craters and dark spots of that great disc, with out the cares of this world.

A glance over the shoulder, a gentle salute to the lifeless orb.

Goodnight.
posted by katmandusuekookachoo @ 11:09 PM  
 
 
About Me


Name: katmandusuekookachoo
Home: Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
About Me: The rules you live by and those you ignore will establish your character. You may find yourself at a loss for words, but you should never find yourself at a loss of values.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1