Thursday, July 13, 2006
Things I Observed Today
Young woman walking down the street, face bruised and swollen, eye puffed closed, shoulders hunched, staggering gait. Big man following after.

A man resembling a past lover.

The striking eyes of the woman at the deli counter.

A ball shaped man with too-pink facial features.

A toddler cautiously feeding ducks near a pond.

A seagull with a red rimmed beak.

A motorcycle officer hurriedly pulling up to and parking on the walk in front of the public restrooms at the park. He practically ran inside! Only to return much relieved.

The persperation of twenty-four eggs baking in the back seat of my scorching hot car, Phoebe.

The smile of an old man when I made a present of a snickers bar.

The vericose vein on my co-workers leg.

A bump on my forearm.

The irritation in my dear friends voice when she discovered my latest text to be mostly fabrication.

The twinkle in an elderly woman's eye at my return.

The relief of air conditioning.

Smudged mascara on the man's face in the car next door.

A beautiful woman I exptected a French accent from- disappointed by her New York slang.

A handsome polynesian man on a red motorcycle.

Several greasy spots on my car.

Good looking neighbor, smoking and drinking orange tang in the shade of his trees.

The concern in my client's son's voice.

A green hummingbird.

My mother's dip and return to enthusiasm as she speaks about important then whimsical matters on the phone.

My purple pen.

My dried out cracking cuticles.

The paint chipping from my toenails.

A green blade of grass stuck in a spider's web.

The smell of chicken everywhere I go- and peppercorns.

The sudden exhaustion of an over abundant imagination.
posted by katmandusuekookachoo @ 7:10 PM  
 
 
About Me


Name: katmandusuekookachoo
Home: Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
About Me: The rules you live by and those you ignore will establish your character. You may find yourself at a loss for words, but you should never find yourself at a loss of values.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates
15n41n1